?GOOD IS NOT GOOD WHEN BETTER IS EXPECTED? ? Vin Scully
Okay. Alrighty then. Here we go. Are you ready? Trust me, okay, I so don?t want to be one of those bloggers that never has anything good to say and critically complains about the blatantly obvious. BUT I HAVE TO VENT. So consider this a warning! If you don?t want to hear me complain, now is your chance to stop reading. I?m serious. Venting is about to begin. Click elsewhere because here comes the complaining.
Before I start this diatribe, let me preface it by saying, I cheer for the Dodgers no matter what and I am not losing hope. I know every single team goes through a time during the season when things don?t go its way. Breathe, Mets fans. Breathe, Orioles fans. Breathe, Mariners fans. Breathe, Dodgers fans. Breathe, Cubs fans. Breathe, Giants fans (I?m talking to you, Jamie Williams).
- We should not have let Clark go.
- Double switch??? There is no reason to play James Loney in right field, out of position, when we were losing by a ton in the eighth. It?s like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
It should be mandatory in all MLB parks that the entire outfield wall be padded. Just ask Matt Kemp. Outfield walls should NOT be made of Plexiglas. What is this, hockey? And a Plexiglas wall with a cement base? Huh? Protect our players for the love of God!!! A nice goose down would be great. Thanks.
- We need more FIRE. Where?s the passion?
- Billy Mueller has his work cut out for him with Wilson Betemit. Nine pitches. Three K?s. As my bro would say, ?Make me a believer, Wilson.?
- Randy Wolf hasn?t lasted seven innings in a while.
- 1-5 record against The The Angels Angels Of Anaheim. (Literal translation).
- This loss put us in third place.
- Jason Schmidt?s status is ?on hold? and according to the Dodgers.com wrapup article on yesterday?s game, he did not pack his equipment bag for the team?s trip to Toronto.
The good news?
- Nomar Garciaparra drove in a few.
Rafael Furcal showed some power.
- Loney?s knee is only bruised.
- The Dugout Club (virtual tour) makes a surprisingly delicious veggie burger.
That?s about it for the good news.
If there?s anything I missed, please don?t let me off the hook (I know you won?t). And if you?d like to vent about your own team, go for it! Feel free. Misery loves company. Let?s consider this post a communal tirade for frustrated fans of baseball everywhere.
P.S. I want to acknowledge the Angels fans for being so classy when Loney finally did get up after crashing into the wall (did I mention that wall is cement and Plexiglas? Did I mention that same cement and Plexiglas wall took out Kemp in the beginning of the season?). I was embarrassed to hear some of the Dodgers fans cheer when Angels great Casey Kotchman was hit in the head on Saturday by a pickoff throw from Russell Martin at second. The fans that cheer when an opposing player is injured do not represent the majority of Dodgers fans. Regardless, I apologize for them because . . . well . . . I feel I should.
P.P.S. My family and I are leaving on an eight-day vacation starting today. Please keep me updated on all things baseball (but especially Dodger baseball) while I am away.