Results tagged ‘ jonathan broxton ’
It was a great weekend for the boys in blue.
It was a good feeling to sweep the Rockies after they won seven in a
row last season. Two walk-off victories in one series! Let’s hope we
can ride this momentum and keep it going.
Some highlights for me:
Kemp: To ask a guy like that to bunt, the night after he hit a grand
slam, is pretty unorthodox and he bunted like he does it every day.
Effortless and effective.
- James Loney: After he had hit into
that double play in the eighth, for him to mentally come back by
bringing Rafael Furcal home with a single in the 10th to win the game
- Esteban Loaiza: He had a ribbie that led to
two runs in the fourth, and he pitched like he had the fifth spot in
the rotation to lose with those four scoreless innings to begin. A
solid outing, even though he didn’t get the win.
- Russell Martin: Saturday night, the guy played third
(his Minor League position) when Nomar Garciaparra got hurt. Then in
the 13th, Martin hit the ball deep enough to get Matt Kemp home for the
win. Martin is batting .414 (12-for-29) in his last 10 games and has
raised his average nearly 100 points to .280.
- Brad Penny: He looks good. He always looks good. The guy is solid.
- Ten runs against Mark Redman in the first.
- Jonathan Broxton: There is nothing like watching a pitcher pitch his way out of trouble.
Torre: I love watching him manage this team. Some of it works, some of
it doesn’t, but at least there is guidance and some semblance of a plan
with every at bat.
Well done, my beloved Dodgers. Well done.
P.S. I think my Dad should be worried. It seems like my mother has a little crush on Joe Beimel.